Monday, October 22, 2012

Family is...


This is Helaina's first drawing of her family. She described it as, "My Daddy, my mommy, my Ashley, my Angela, my Adrian, my Helaina, and my Fia!" This was so cute and my heart was moved to joyous tears as she told me who was who. No this isn't a Rembrandt, but the work of someone who touches my heart deeper than any professional artist ever has. Although it's not perfect (nothing but God is) it's still precious. Every wiggly line makes up a grand picture. Just as every wiggly flaw in our our home makes up a grand family. We aren't perfect but we are family.

1 comment:

Simply Niki said...

Awwww...I love it when they start drawing pictures of people and their family members! Good to know I'm not the only one who sheds some tears while hearing the explanation of their beautiful masterpieces! Too cute!!! I love kids!