Saturday, September 7, 2013

Today in Art...


It's been years since I've sat down and seriously sketched something out. I've measured it by how old my kids are. Let's just say it's been too long. I used to draw all the time. It was my thing. I enjoyed it so much. Funny thing is I didn't take an art class until my Sophomore year. I was afraid. I would watch my sister draw and wish I could be like her. I finally mustered up the nerve. I did good enough to go from my first year in Art I to Art III the following year. I wanted my same teacher and she signed off on me being in her class. Ms. Heathington's class was my favorite class. I found myself mingling with more seniors! Something funny was always going on it that class. I would always start out with, "Today in Art..." so it became a running joke. "Today in Art..." Art has played such a big role in my life. It's what I do I guess. My path in life had a few travelers on it that crowded out my creative drawing spark. I put the pencil down and lost hope in drawing. I saw talent that I felt that was superior to mine. I felt too embarrassed to even pick up a pencil. I went on to get my degree in graphic design field. Ah Ha! My creative flow was still there. I have a love for graphic design and photography but my heart longs to draw and paint. I want to do something other than wear out the power button on my laptop. So here is my idea. I ran across this site
 The Sketchbook Project and I'm super excited to participate. I ordered mine and it came in the mail today. 
So... *ahem* 

"Today in Art... I'm going to start on my sketchbook for the 2014 Sketchbook Project Tour."

No comments: