Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Reading Princess




She dressed up in her Princess Belle dress and put on her ruby red slippers because thats what a princess wears ya know? She is a princess in whatever she wears. I had in mind to do a reading lesson, she had in mind to dress up. We won. 
We are a homeschooling family. We have been since day one. I start the kids reading as early as they will let me. Our ability to learn at birth fascinates me. We have used the book Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons. It has worked as a good starting point. I admit though, I fell behind on this one. I dropped the ball on being consistent with the lessons. We picked it back up and she remembered like we never missed a lesson. She's going to be four next month. I'm so proud of my kids. I love seeing them learn from birth on. The mind is amazing. She's already a really smart princess.

No comments: